Prompt: What are 10 things you feel are essential to your happiness, and why?
I can’t put any of these in order, by the way. I just don’t put things in order. At all. Especially not my room.
1. Satisfying relationships. Nothing makes me happier than good friendships. A saying I love says, “If life is a cookie, friends are the chocolate chips.” Except I hate chocolate chips and I always pick them out of my cookies. But I don’t think that’s the point.
2. Spring and summer. Winter and fall are intolerable.
3. Creative thought. Sometimes I go through periods in life in which my brain shuts down and goes into hibernation. Such times are the worst.
4. A day out. Some people really enjoy having a full day at home to just read and relax, but I’m not like that. I need interaction and stimulation!
5. Pride in myself. I love being proud of myself, whether it’s over a wonderful piece of writing or a witty statement.
6. Pajamas. I refuse to go to bed in anything but pajamas. I have always been this way. Pajamas are life.
7. Swings. I talk enough about this already. You know, it’s the closest thing I can easily get to flying…
8. Great music. Oh man. This is a biggie.
9. Throwing away old school papers. At the end of every school year, I dispose of all my old assignments. There is nothing more satisfying.
10. Confidence. It’s important.